Job Title: Maintenance Utility Worker
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Maintenance Leader Worker
Job Grade: Skill level 03; $24,371 annually ($12.50 per hour)
Maintenance Utility Worker
This is a full-time position working under the general supervision of the Maintenance Lead Worker or designee. The Maintenance Utility Worker is responsible for a variety of semi-skilled maintenance tasks including electrical, plumbing, and masonry, which may or may not be part of a training program; performing related work as required and assists in event/room set-ups, furniture moves, delivery of goods, recycling, and other work as assigned.
- Performs a variety of general maintenance tasks within maintenance, grounds and custodial areas. Perform task within the college’s facilities, furniture moves, and event set-ups and tear downs, delivery of goods.
- Performs general work orders task from painting, structural repair, cleaning and preventive maintenance.
- Assists other physical plant members to perform tasks in electrical, HVAC, and plumbing.
- Maintains the shop areas and warehouse facilities in a clean and organized manner.
- Assist in the maintenance of facility finishes throughout the campus and off-site campuses.
- Assists with the replacement of ceiling tiles and light bulbs.
- Perform planned and unplanned maintenance tasks.
- May perform other work as required.
- High school diploma and one-year minimum experience in maintenance.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of methods, materials, and equipment used in carpentry, electrical, plumbing, masonry, and other maintenance work.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Knowledge of tools and equipment used to perform tasks.
- Knowledge in moving and setting up furniture.
- Knowledge in means and methods of moving larger pieces of equipment.
- Ability to exercise good judgement in evaluating situations and making decisions.
- Ability to use, clean, repair, and maintain equipment.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with other employees.
- Must be able to lift and to move 50-75 lbs.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to wet and humid conditions, fumes and airborne particles, close spaces, and is required to climb ladders to access equipment in high and/or precarious places.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.