Important: Please Read Student Responsibilities
Placement Services includes three key areas designed to promote our students' success:
- - Links users with employers who are looking for full-time, part-time, and temporary employees.
- - Helps users makes wise career decisions through assessment and information.
- - Provides information on four-year institutions and offers help in indentifying course equivalencies and completing the transfer process, smoothing the way for our students to continue their pursuit of success.
The services of Job Placement are available to anyone who ever has attended Jackson State Community College. We will refer you on positions for which you appear qualified and which seem to meet your needs. Also, we want to help prepare you for your job search with advice on writing resumes, cover letters, thank you letters, and preparing for interview. We have provided a sample cover letter, *resume, and thank you letter to help you in preparing each of yours.
*[Resumes are only accepted by e-mail or flash drive and must not be typed using template.]
We are located inside the Student Union Building, Room 136 and we're open from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
How to register with Placement Services
- Pick up an **application from Placement Services, Room 136 in the Student Union Building, or download our application, print it, fill out, and bring to appointment. Also, if you're interested in submitting a resume or if one will be required for the type position you're applying, please e-mail it to email@example.com or bring to appointment on flash drive. **[Student must bring application to appointment. Please do not drop off, mail, e-mail or fax application.]
- Schedule an appointment to come in and discuss your job search. Come by the office or call us at (731) 424.3520, ext. 50434, or 1-800-355-5722, ext. 50434.
- Keep your appointment. Be sure to e-mail your resume and bring your completed application. If you don't submit a copy of your resume before (e-mail) or at initial interview (flash drive), you must do so before you can apply for jobs requiring one.
Note: If you cannot keep your appointment, call before your appointment time to cancel or reschedule. Failure to keep or properly cancel two appointments results in your loss of Placement Services assistance for one semester.
We look forward to working with you - helping to define and achieve your own personal success!