Applying for VA benefits does not constitute admissions to JSCC, so you will need to apply for admissions.
To apply for Veterans Education Benefits, complete the online application at va.gov. If you are unsure of what benefits you are eligible for, the following links will offer some guidance on the available chapters.
If you are a Veteran and this is your first time attending school using the GI Bill benefit, please click your benefit listed below:
- Montgomery GI Bill – Active Duty Chapter 30 Benefits
- Post-Vietnam Era Veterans' Educational Assistance Program (VEAP), Chapter 32
- Post 9/11 GI Bill, Chapter 33
- Reserves/National Guard, Chapter 1606
- Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP), Chapter 1607
If you are the dependent/spouse
of a service member who has transferred the Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill benefit or are eligible for the Chapter 35 Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program and this is your first time attending school using the GI Bill benefit, please click your benefit listed below:
- Chapter 33 Post 9/11 Transfer of Education Benefits (TEB)
- Dependents' Educational Assistance Program (DEA), Chapter 35
VA Vocational Rehabilitation
Students must submit a copy of their Certificate of Eligibility (COE) or Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) from the VA certifying the type, extent, and percentage of benefits. Students must also submit Member 4 copy of their DD 214. Students must meet with the Veterans Affairs Coordinator to establish their education benefits and meet on a regular basis to maintain eligibility.