Distance Learning Classes

Distance Learning classes utilize educational technology, but are somewhat less flexible because they require students to come to classes on campus. There are several options available and each requires a different level of attendance in class.

Distance Learning / Teleconference

Distance Learning Teleconference classes require students to attend on-ground class meetings that are televised to several locations. Students can register to attend classes at any of the locations listed in the schedule. We have sessions available at Jackson, Savannah, Humboldt, and various other places in our service area. Some instructors record the lectures and make them available for review online. Attendance to the ground meetings is required and recorded lectures are for review only.

Hybrid

Hybrid classes require students to attend some class meetings and access some of the class online. About 40% of the class is online and the other 60% consists of scheduled on-campus meetings. Some hybrid classes offer on-campus meetings via the teleconference system. Check the schedule to see what options are available for your class.

Web Enhanced Ground Class

Some classes offered entirely on campus provide supplemental materials online. If your instructor uses an online component, he or she will tell you what services are available for that class.

How can I tell what kind delivery method a course uses by looking at the online schedule?

Examples from the online schedule:

Ground class

AGR 141 01            Fundamentals of Horticulture

 

Distance class

BIOL 2020 DS1 Human Anatomy Physiology II  T - 6:00PM-8:45PM Savannah 
BIOL 2020 HB3 Human Anatomy Physiology II  T - 6:00PM-8:45PM Humboldt 
BIOL 2020 MK1 Human Anatomy Physiology II  T- 6:00PM-8:45PM  McKenzie
BIOL 2020 PR1   Human Anatomy Physiology II T - 6:00PM-8:45PM    Paris

Each  listing in the schedule represent the same course that is televised to different locations. You will register for the class closest to you and attend the sessions at that location. Some of these classes have online sites where students can access recorded lectures for review. Attendance to the on-campus meetings is required.

Distance Hybrids

Some hybrid classes offer a distance education option for the ground portion of the class. Distance hybrids are very similar to normal distance classes, except they have a required online component.  Distance Hybrids

ECON 2020 0H2  Principles of Microeconomics -  W  5:00PM-6:15PM    Jackson
ECON 2020 2HH  Principles of Microeconomics -  W  5:00PM-6:15PM    Humboldt
ECON 2020 2HL   Principles of Microeconomics -   W  5:00PM-6:15PM    Lexington
ECON 2020 2HS   Principles of Microeconomics -   W  5:00PM-6:15PM    Savannah

Each of the sections has an H at the beginning and the letter for the center on the end. Each of the listings in the schedule represent the same course that is televised to different locations. You will register for the class closest to you and attend the sessions at that location. Some of these classes have online sites where students can access recorded lectures for review. Attendance to  on-campus meetings and the online portion is required.