Jackson State online courses are developed and taught by JSCC instructors. Jackson State Community College uses eLearn (D2L) to deliver our online courses. You will use your JSCC network login to access the system.
TN eCampus – allows students to earn a degree entirely online. TN eCampus courses may also be used to satisfy some classes required in JSCC degree programs. To see if your program allows you to take TN eCampus courses, check with your advisor or the records office.
TN eCampus courses and JSCC courses use the same learning management system platform (D2L/Brightspace) which means you don't have to learn how to navigate a new system. However, you will log in to the TN eCampus course site with a username and password that is different from the login you use to access your JSCC courses. Login instructions for TN eCampus courses can be found on the home page at: https://elearn.rodp.org. Starting with the Spring 2017 semester, students will log in to http://gotoclass.tnecampus.org to begin classes.
TN eCampus courses are different from JSCC online courses because they are developed and taught by instructors located at colleges and universities within the Tennessee Board of Regents System. New students choose a "home campus" from among the 6 universities awarding Bachelor's and Master's degrees, the 13 comunity colleges providing Associate degrees, and the 27 colleges of applied technology offering technical certificates and diplomas. Students apply for admission, register for courses, and are awarded degrees, diplomas, or certificates from the home campus.
If you are a current JSCC student, registration for TN eCampus courses occurs through JSCC's online registration system. There is an additional fee for TN eCampus courses.
How can I tell what kind delivery method a course uses by looking at the online schedule?
Examples from the online schedule:
SPCH 1010 03W Fundamentals of Speech - ONLINE
JSCC online classes have a W after the section number
TN eCampus online classes
11534 CIS 186 R50 Database Programming
TN eCampus online classes have an R50 as the section number
If you're considering enrollment in a distance learning course at JSCC, here's information you will find helpful.
What Skills Do Online Students Need to Be Successful?
- Browse the web and, locate specific web addresses (URLs).
- Enter information using computer keyboarding skills and use a mouse to accomplish specific tasks.
- Install, upgrade and use a supported web browser (Mac Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox).
- Compose, edit, spell check, send, receive and reply to email messages.
- Attach one or more files to an email message.
- Save a file to your local computer, locate the file, open it, edit it, and save it.
- Create a new folder. locate it, and save files in it.
- Create, open, edit and save an electronic word document and save it in rich text format (RTF) or Microsoft Word format.
- Print one or more web pages.
- Accomplish computer-related tasks by exploring and experimenting, rather than requiring step-by-step instructions.
Need to Access Your Online Course?
JSCC's online classes use eLearn, a course management system, to store course materials. Accessing your class in eLearn requires that you use a web browser. The easiest way to access your online course is to log into eLearn from the JSCC home page.
How do I learn how to use eLearn?
You can attend a course online to learn how to use eLearn. Each semester, we schedule several sessions where you can complete the seminar and have someone available to help you get started or answer your questions. If you cannot attend a scheduled session, you can complete the seminar online and call the Distance Education Helpdesk if you need assistance.
Southern Regional Education Board's Electronic Campus
email@example.com or for assistance call (731) 425-2623 or 1-800-355-JSCC (ext. 52623).