National ACT exam scores are required to apply to the nursing program. The program uses the highest subtest scores in reading, English, math, and scientific reasoning earned on ACTs taken since February 1, 2011 to calculate a program admission superscore for each applicant. Applicants must submit national ACT scores to JSCC in order to apply to the Nursing Program. Only national scores on file with the JSCC Admissions Office by February 1, 2016 will be used for summer or fall 2016 program admission.
Go to www.actstudent.org to select a testing date, location, and register for the ACT exam. Register early as some test dates and locations fill a month or more prior to the testing date.
National test dates which meet the February 1, 2016 nursing application deadline are:
- September 12, 2015
- October 24, 2015
- December 12, 2015
To access a free online ACT preparation site from the JSCC Library website, including free online practice tests, an online course and online books, go to http://library.jscc.edu/testing-databases. If off-campus, login using your JSCC username and password. Then click:
- Testing and Education Reference Center
- College Prep Tools
Other resources include:
- ACT Test Prep Website: www.actstudent.org/testprep - lists resources to help you prepare for test
- ACT Study Guides purchased at local bookstores or other on-line bookstores.
- www.actstudent.org/onlineprep $19.95 for one year, access for single user
- ACT exam prep course offered by JSCC's Lifetime Learning, (731) 425-2627 or 1-800-355-5722