Test Location: Academic Assistance Center (above the Library)
Fee: $20.00 (Fees are nonrefundable and nontransferable)
COMPASS testing is required for first-time degree-seeking students age 21 and older. It is also required for degree seeking students with college work who have not passed a college-level English or math course who started to college after fall 1985. It assesses your college readiness skills in reading, writing and math.
In order to COMPASS test, your online college admission or readmission application for the term has to be processed and your need for testing verified. Feel free to check on the status of your application by contacting the Admissions Office at 425-8844.
IN ORDER TO TEST, PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW THESE STEPS (Appointment required)
1. Review test dates provided below at the end of these instructions.
2. CLICK on the following link www.jscc.edu/compass to schedule your appointment in Jackson at least 24 hours in advance. NOTE: The 24 hours does not include weekends. You will need your J-number and phone number.
*Check with the Lexington, Savannah and Humboldt Centers for their testing dates and times.
3. On test day, arrive 15-20 minutes early to pay your fee in the Business Office.
4. Take your receipt and photo ID with you to the Libarary Reference Center area and please be seated. While you're waiting, try to relax until someone from the Academic Assistance Center (proctor) comes to get you. Everyone will be admitted at the same time. Acceptable forms of ID include an unexpired driver's license, a state or federal photo ID, or a JSCC ID
5. When you arrive upstairs in the Acadademic Assistance Center, you will present your photo identification and receipt to the AAC staff. At this point, ALL CELL PHONES must be completely turned off!
Next, you will be issued a locker in which to place your cell phone, electronic devices, hat, personal items, and any extra papers you may have. You will be given scratch paper and a pencil that must be collected at the end of the test. A calculator will be available for you to use on the math test; however, you may also bring your own. To see if yours is permitted, please go to http://www.actstudent.org/faq/calculator.html.
If you want to study for the COMPASS test, you may find the following sites helpful: www.wtamu.edu/academic/anns/mps/math/mathlab/ , http://mycompasstest.com , www.khanacademy.org , www.actstudent.org/onlineprep/index.html and http://www.mometrix.com/academy/compass-test/ which contains video reviews. In addition, students may pick up a copy of an ACT study guide to practice. The JSCC library has several copies, and local high school guidance offices have copies.
Students requesting special testing must make a request a week before the scheduled test date and must have accommodations approved through the Disability Resource Center.
Compass Test Dates
|Monday, Jan 05, 2015||08:30 AM|
|Monday, Jan 05, 2015||12:00 PM|
|Tuesday, Jan 06, 2015||08:30 AM|
|Tuesday, Jan 06, 2015||12:00 PM|
|Wednesday, Jan 07, 2015||08:30 AM|
|Wednesday, Jan 07, 2015||12:00 PM|
|Thursday, Jan 08, 2015||08:30 AM|
|Thursday, Jan 08, 2015||12:00 PM|
|Monday, Jan 12, 2015||08:30 AM|
|Monday, Jan 12, 2015||12:00 PM|
|Tuesday, Jan 13, 2015||08:30 AM|
|Tuesday, Jan 13, 2015||12:00 PM|
|Wednesday, Jan 14, 2015||08:30 AM|
|Wednesday, Jan 14, 2015||12:00 PM|
|Thursday, Jan 15, 2015||08:30 AM|
|Thursday, Jan 15, 2015||12:00 PM|
|Tuesday, Jan 20, 2015||08:30 AM|
|Tuesday, Jan 20, 2015||12:00 PM|
|Wednesday, Jan 21, 2015||08:30 AM|
|Wednesday, Jan 21, 2015||12:00 PM|
|Thursday, Jan 22, 2015||08:30 AM|
|Thursday, Jan 22, 2015||12:00 PM|
Compass Test Dates for Fast Track
No dates currently listed
Compass Extended Hours
No dates currently listed