Phone: (731) 425-9560
The Registration Center provides quality advising to new students attending Jackson State for the first time.
Advisors can help you with:
- Accessing campus and community resources
- Exploring JSCC certificates, majors/pathways, and Fast Track Degrees
- Understanding specific degree requirements
- Choosing or changing your degree plan
- Selecting classes and planning your class schedule
- Setting educational goals
- Solving academic problems
- Transferring credit to and from other colleges
Once a student has declared a major* and has used the services of the Registration Center, the student will be assigned a permanent advisor during the fall or spring semester. Once a student has an assigned advisor the student must see his/her advisor to register for classes the following semester. After students have met with their advisor and discussed "their academic planning and goals" students may opt to plug into jWeb to register or they may visit the Registration Center for assistance.
Our center is staffed five days a week to help you reach your goals and limit roadblocks along your way.
*Students can only take 18 credit hours under "non-degree" status, as of the 2002 fall semester.