Confirmation Test Information
Location: Assessment Center, Student Union Building, Rm. 15
Cost: $5.00 per subject or part to confirm ACT or COMPASS scores
(Note: All fees are non-refundable and non-transferable)
Only these photo ID's accepted: a valid driver's license, state ID, or JSCC ID
This series of tests is offered before each semester for students who wish to confirm their ACT or COMPASS placement in math, reading and/or writing. Students are encouraged to confirm their placement. However, you may confirm a Learning Support class only one time. If you earned a grade (F, PR, W) in a Learning Support class, you cannot retest for that class; you must re-take that class to remove the grade.
Past experience shows that students who prepare for the Confirmation test have a good chance of testing up a level. Students who do not prepare usually do not move up. Therefore, there is a mandatory one week waiting period between the Compass test and Confirmation test.
Changes in Learning Support (LS) Math. Learning Support Math students take diagnostic tests the first week of classes and are placed into modules depending on their major and ability. Therefore, students do not need to take the Confirmation Math test if they just want to move up a level in LS Math, from Fundamental Math (DSPM 0890) to Math I (DSPM 0891), for example--that movement will occur in class instead. However, students who wish to test completely out of Developmental Math should take the Confirmation exam. The Confirmation test is an opportunity to move out of Learning Support Math rather than up in Learning Support Math.
In order to test, please follow the steps listed below.
1. Select a test date below.
2. Arrive 15-20 minutes early to check in at the Student Assistance Center J-Hub. You will present them with a valid state photo ID and pay your test fee. Acceptable forms of ID include a valid driver's license, a state or federal photo ID or a JSCC ID.
3. Have a seat and try to relax. The Assessment Center staff will come to get you when it's time. Everyone will be admitted at the same time.
4. Present your test requirement sheet given to you at the J-Hub, your receipt and valid photo ID to the Assessment Center staff (proctor). Also, CELL PHONES must be completely turned off at this point.
You have until the last test day prior to the first day of class to Confirm a Learning Support class and you must honor the one week waiting period between tests. Check with the Savannah, Lexington and Humboldt Centers for their testing dates and times.
- The math test is computerized and untimed. It covers basic math and algebra. Outside calculators are permitted. Please go to www.actstudent.org/faq/calculator to verify that yours is allowed.
- The reading test is computerized and untimed on vocabulary and reading comprehension.
- The writing test is a two-part computerized test. The first part is an untimed multiple-choice essay correction on writing, grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure and the second part is a timed writing task in letter form.
- ACT study guides are available at area bookstores and libraries.
- Test Prep Sites: www.actstudent.org/testprep/index.html , www.testprepreview.com/compass_practice.htm, www.khanacademy.org, www.edufind.com/english/grammar, or www.sparknotes.com/testprep/books/act
- The Registration Center will be open if anyone has any scheduling changes that need to be made after the testing is complete that day.
Students requesting special testing must make a request a week before the scheduled test date and must have accommodations approved through Disabled Student Services. Students may test only one time for the upcoming semester.
|Tuesday, Jul 29, 2014||08:30 AM|
|Tuesday, Jul 29, 2014||11:00 AM|
|Wednesday, Jul 30, 2014||12:00 PM|
|Thursday, Jul 31, 2014||08:03 AM|
|Thursday, Jul 31, 2014||11:00 AM|
|Monday, Aug 04, 2014||12:00 PM|
|Tuesday, Aug 05, 2014||08:30 AM|
|Wednesday, Aug 06, 2014||12:00 PM|
|Thursday, Aug 07, 2014||08:30 AM|
|Thursday, Aug 07, 2014||11:00 AM|
|Monday, Aug 11, 2014||12:00 PM|
|Tuesday, Aug 12, 2014||08:03 AM|
|Tuesday, Aug 12, 2014||11:00 AM|
|Wednesday, Aug 13, 2014||12:00 PM|
|Thursday, Aug 14, 2014||08:30 AM|
No Confirmation Test dates currently listed