Occupational Therapy Assistant Program Director
The Director of the Occupational Therapy Assistant program reports to the Dean of the Allied Health Division. The Director will be the initial hire for this program and will be responsible for opening the academic program at JSCC.
- Develop, manage and administer the program, including planning evaluation, budgeting and recommendation of faculty.
- Secure and maintain accreditation.
- Provide classroom and laboratory instruction and provide oversight of clinical experience.
- Supervise OTA program faculty
- Assist with recruitment and academic advising of students.
- Serve on campus committees and perform other college service duties as requested.
- Minimum of a master’s degree in occupational therapy.
- Nationally certified and Tennessee credentialed.
- Licensed to comply with Tennessee Health Related Boards.
- Minimum of five years of professional experience in areas related to clinical practice, administration and teaching. At least one of these years must be a full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities.
- Understanding of, and experience with, occupational therapy assistants, including clinical supervision.
Based on experience