To be considered for admission to the Nursing Program, applicants must provide official ACT scores less than five years old (dated June 15, 2009 or later). To assist you, the program offers a Residual ACT Exam. The test is given only on JSCC’s main campus and cannot be used for lottery scholarship purposes or transferred to other institutions. You may take the JSCC nursing ACT residual once per nursing admission cycle. The residual exam is the same as the national exam except that the test scores "reside" here at JSCC. You may also opt to take the ACT at a national site. For more information about the national test, go to www.actstudent.org.
- Seating for the exam is limited and fill up quickly. Please register early.
- If you are not currently enrolled at JSCC, ensure your admissions application has been submitted and processed by the JSCC Admissions Office. Apply for the term you plan to enroll for any courses. You cannot register for the residual ACT until this step is completed.
- To Register: Between 8 am - 4 pm, Monday through Friday, go to the Academic Assistance Center - main campus, JSCC Library - 2nd floor; or go the Lexington, Savannah or Humboldt Centers. You cannot register by phone. You will be given the testing room location when you register for the exam. Bring a valid ID during registration to be reviewed. Questions? (Call 731) 424-3520 ext. 50479.
- Pay the $35 non-refundable fee in the Business Services Office on the same day you register for the exam to reserve your seat. You can pay online if you are a current JSCC student. Payment by phone is not accepted. If paying in person, you must go to the main JSCC campus or to the Humboldt, Lexington or Savannah Centers.
- Test Day ID Requirements - You will not be allowed to test without meeting these requirements. You must have:
- Valid photo ID that is not expired. The only acceptable forms of photo ID are: valid driver’s license, valid state photo ID, or valid/current JSCC ID.
- The name on your ID must match the name used during registration.
|Friday, April 18, 2014||09:00 AM|
|Friday, May 16, 2014||09:00 AM|
|Friday, May 30, 2014||09:00 AM|
|Friday, June 6, 2014||01:00 PM|
|Friday, June 13, 2014||09:00 AM|