Jackson State online courses are developed and taught by JSCC instructors. Jackson State Community College uses eLearn (D2L) to deliver our online courses. You will use your JSCC network login to access the system.
RODP – Regents Online Degree Programs allow students to earn a degree entirely online. RODP courses may also be used to satisfy some classes required in JSCC degree programs. To see if your program allows you to take RODP courses, check with your advisor or the records office.
RODP courses use the same type of system as JSCC online courses, but the course page will be blue. You will use a special username to access the RODP system. You will find information about how to create your RODP login on the right side of their access page https://elearn.rodp.org/.
RODP courses are different from JSCC online courses because they are developed and taught by instructors located at any of the colleges or universities within the Tennessee Board of Regents System. When you begin an RODP program or register for an RODP class, you choose a home school. You register for your classes, pay and receive your credits from your home school. There is an additional fee for RODP courses.
How can I tell what kind delivery method a course uses by looking at the online schedule?
Examples from the online schedule:
SPCH 1010 03W Fundamentals of Speech - ONLINE
JSCC online classes have a W after the section number
RODP online classes
11534 CIS 186 R50 Database Programming
RODP online classes have an R50 as the section number
If you're considering enrollment in a distance learning course at JSCC, here's information you will find helpful.
What Skills Do Online Students Need to Be Successful?
- Browse the web and, locate specific web addresses (URLs).
- Enter information using computer keyboarding skills and use a mouse to accomplish specific tasks.
- Install, upgrade and use a supported web browser (Mac Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox).
- Compose, edit, spell check, send, receive and reply to e-mail messages.
- Attach one or more files to an email message.
- Save a file to your local computer, locate the file, open it, edit it, and save it.
- Create a new folder. locate it, and save files in it.
- Create, open, edit and save an electronic word document and save it in rich text format (RTF) or Microsoft Word format.
- Print one or more web pages.
- Accomplish computer-related tasks by exploring and experimenting, rather than requiring step-by-step instructions.
Need to Access Your Online Course?
JSCC's online classes use eLearn, a course management system, to store course materials. Accessing your class in eLearn requires that you use a web browser. The easiest way to access your online course is to log into eLearn from the JSCC home page.
How do I learn how to use eLearn?
You can attend a course online to learn how to use eLearn. Each semester, we schedule several sessions where you can complete the seminar and have someone available to help you get started or answer your questions. If you cannot attend a scheduled session, you can complete the seminar online and call the Distance Education Helpdesk if you need assistance.
Southern Regional Education Board's Electronic Campus
firstname.lastname@example.org or for assistance call (731) 425-2623 or 1-800-355-JSCC (ext. 52623).