Monday 9:00am-12:30pm & 1:00pm-2:30pm
The Writing Center offers live tutorials for students who are unable to visit us in person. You must have a webcam and a microphone to use for a face-to-face session through Adobe Connect. To access this system, you must make an appointment at least 24 hours in advance. After you have made an appointment, we will email you a link, which will direct you to the session. You may not receive the email until the following day, depending on when you made your appointment.
To make an online tutoring appointment, follow these steps:
- Log into https://tutortrac.jscc.edu/ or type tutortrac.jscc.edu into the browser.
- Using your Jackson State username and password, log into TutorTrac to make an appointment.
- Click on "Search Availability."
- Click the down arrow and choose "Online Writing Center."
- Click the "Section" (class) in which you need assistance.
- Click "Search." Click on the appointment time you prefer.
- Fill out all the information requested. SAVE.
- Immediately after scheduling the appointment, you must upload your paper. We cannot help you without having your paper in advance of the appointment!
- On left top of the screen, click "Main Menu."
- Click on "Document Post."
- Click "Create New."
- Hover over the blue writing "Choose file for upload."
- Click "browse.'
- Select the paper to upload and click "Open." The name of the file will appear above the blue "Upload File."
- Click "Upload file."
- In the notes section, type the following: Online WC appointment for ____(put date here) at ___(put time here). Furnish the following information: name of course, name of instructor, and status of the course, i.e. online, onsite, or dual enrollment.