Public Health Office Assistant
- schedule client appointments, inform client of any visit requirements; collect & update client demographic information for registration purposes; etc.
- determine eligibility of program services provided by agency & other referring agencies; interview prospective clients while maintaining confidentiality; review documentation such as income, residency, identification, citizenship, insurance information; etc.
- maintain fiscal accountability for services provided at agency; review client encounter forms for accuracy & enter all service/ encounter data into agency computer system; calculate charges, electronically or manually, to initiate billing process, etc.
- process & maintain medical & administrative records & reports; determine appropriate forms for establishing records to comply with state & Federal guidelines; follow policy & procedures to ensure confidentiality of client information, etc.
- serve as liaison between clients & medical providers, the community & other agencies; revew & process applications for environmental services, birth/death certificates, burial transit permits, paternity acknowledgement; screen applicants to ensure proper authorization for access of information; etc.
- perform variety of routine clerical functions such as may relate to assembling information, filing, opening, sorting, distributing mail, ordering supplies, keeping suplies on hand & being responsible for same, etc.
- Emergency Preparedness: respond to & report immediately if called upon as part of a coordinated emergency response by agency
- other duties as assigned by supervisor including but not limited to patient home visits
- 2 years experience full-time general clerical/office support work
- excellent communications skills
- good knowledge of standard business English, spelling & routine arithmetic
- operation of standard office machines & equipment including 2 years computer experience with ability to use variety of software including Microsoft Word & Excel
- ability to maintain confidentiality & professionalism in all situations
- must have valid Tennessee driver's license, reliable vehicle, telephone
- must be willing to comply with laws, regulations & policies
- public health experience preferred
date posted: 02-28-2014