Senior Operations Analyst, Humboldt, TN
- be aware of & execute Company support processes & have ability to effectively utilize processes & people within to solve issues for customers, without creating major disruption within organization
- understand priority & sensitivity of customer problems & assess internal solution priorities effectively to maintain customer satisfaction
- relate well to customers and understand production environment
- communicate in direct non-confrontational manner while maintaining good relationships & keep customer fully informed of status of reported problems on frequent basis
- actively seek feedback from customers on ways to potentially improve support process & relationships
- follow service desk procedures in general end user support & document activities, customer issues, troubleshooting steps, resolution outcome & time duration in service desk tool
- perform onsite analysis, diagnosis & resolution of complex problems for end users, recommend & implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed
- install, configure, test, maintain, monitor & troubleshoot end-user devices & related hardware, software in order to deliver required service levels
- talk to user to learn procedures followed & source of error
- respond to & diagnosis service issues through discussions with users, responsible for leveraging resources across all levels of organization
- investigate & resolve computer software & hardware problems of users:
• request user with problem to use telephone, service desk & participate in diagnostic procedures, using diagnostic software, or listening to & following instructions as needed
• understand customer’s business processes and prioritize or apply priorities to service desk tickets accordingly
• diagnose customer issues & assign appropriate support, if outside scope of support
- promote customer relations in tune with company plans & policies
- install & maintain end user hardware & software
- work with next level of support
- escalate problems according to defined processes:
• provide training & guidance to users to prevent user based error from reoccurring
• create, maintain, & manage site specific documentation
• collaborate with other service teams to ensure efficient operation of Company’s end user computing environment.
• receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding escalated end user problems.
• Answer to and perform moves, adds, and changes (MAC) requests as they are submitted by service desk tickets.
• Prepare tests and applications for monitoring end user performance, then provide performance statistics and reports.
• Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring end user operations.
• Develop and maintain an inventory of all site assets, hardware and software. Insure they are properly updated in asset management and configuration management processes.
• If necessary, liaise with third-party support and equipment vendors for site specific support issues.
• Take active role in personal career development and personal performance management process.
date posted: 05-29-2014