(HR): Folder Operator, Brownsville, TN
- verify all raw materials against product specifications
- accurately complete all production reports with information on all raw materials used & all finished goods produced
- insure product quality (i.e. size: web variance, cleanliness of wiper, etc.)
- assist packaging technicians as necessary
- keep seconds to minimum, list all seconds on production report
- perform routine maintenance on folder, call Maintenance only when necessary
- perform change over to run different materials
- record all downtime on production report
- follow safety and factory rules. *Do not leave machine for any reason without approved relief.
- utilize blade guards, safety equipment & person protective equipment
- work overtime as necessary (assigned by Converting Manager)
- operator will be clocked in and at their machine at 6:00 a.m. (for first shift).
- operator will wear designated PPE as required
- operator will clean machine as necessary (glue build up, etc) to assure processing of entire rolls
- if machine is clean & in good working condition, operator will make boxes, apply labels to boxes, move product etc. to insure prompt start up of production at beginning of regular shift
- if operator’s machine is clean & everything ready for start up, he/she will assist another operator
- clean machine daily to include vises, tuckers, sharpening station & cylinders (to be included in blow down)
Mechanical aptitude with ability to:
- thread folder as needed to keep web straight, variations sometimes necessary
- make complete set-ups/change over
- adjust feed rollers to achieve proper material tension
- change rocks on sharpener
- clean glue off cylinders, fingers, etc.
- adjust deck side plates to keep towels on each side the same size
- change rolls in timely manner to meet designated time limits
- keep web lined up
- have enough judgment ability to know when to add/remove weight to rolls to achieve proper tension
- exhibit leadership qualities including: ability to set examples such as meeting all company rules, monitor & assist other members of team, training, organize work in folder area to maximize efficiency, constantly be on the look out for more efficient & effective ways of operating folder/packaging area
- must be totally familiar with product specifications & insure products coming off lines meet those specifications
- mental & manual dexterity: maintain high level of concentration to maintain maximum productivity
- visual dexterity to visually inspects units for quality defects
- general reading & writing aptitude
- able to lift 50 pounds
- do basic math
- consistently meet company rules concerning tardiness, lunch, and break time, etc.
- follow directions & work well with others
- maintain clean & orderly work area
- recognize that in small company employees will sometimes have to work in different areas of plant & that the phrase “That’s not my job” is not applicable here.
- We do what we have to do to get product made and out the door!
date posted: 06-18-2014