You, as a student, are required to obtain and carry at all times an official Jackson State identification card (ID). New student ID cards are made in the jHub in the Student Center on the Jackson campus between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Mon-Fri when classes are NOT in session; and 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Mon-Thurs and 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Fri when classes ARE in session. They also can be made at the Humboldt, Lexington or Savannah centers. ID cards also can be validated in any of these locations or in the Business Office.
The cost of a student ID card is included with your fee payment each semester. A $10 fee will be charged to replace all lost or inaccessible cards. The $10 replacement fee must be paid in the Business Office and a receipt shown before a new ID card is produced.
The ID card features your name, signature, color photo, and other information necessary for proper use. You will be issued an ID after presenting one form of photo identification (e.g., driver's license) and your paid fee receipt.
The ID card is used to:
- Identify you as a current Jackson State student.
- Allow you to check out materials from the library.
- Allow you to cash checks in the Business Office.
- Allow you to obtain your federal financial aid checks.
- Allow you to purchase or sell books in the Bookstore.
- Allow you to process forms in the Records Office.
- Allow you to gain admission to certain events sponsored by the college or student organizations.
- Allow you to obtain discounts from area businesses.
Any college official has the right to reclaim a student ID card for misuse or when deemed necessary, such as in cases of student conduct code violations. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary action.
Contact: Tina Williamson
Office: Student Center
Phone: (731) 425-2616, or 1-800-355-5722, ext. 52616