Important: Please Read Student Responsibilities
The Jackson State Community College Counseling and Career Services Office exists to bolster student success by offering a comprehensive and accessible program for enrolled and prospective students including assistance with academic, career, and personal concerns.
Counselors Are Here For You
The counselors at Jackson State Community College take an active role within each student's learning environment by establishing a helping relationship and by facilitating the process of educational, career, and personal decision making in a professional and caring manner.
- Personal counseling to identify and assist in resolving personal and interpersonal issues and concerns to enhance a student's success.
- Educational planning/testing to help with career decisions, choice of major, course selection, and personal growth.
- Assisting students with time management and attendance problems.
- Presenting workshops on topics of personal enrichment, self improvement, and other issues important to students.
- University transfer planning for successful transition to bachelor-level academic programs.
- Academic referral counseling.
- Crisis intervention and special needs counseling.
- Referral to community human services agencies for further assistance.
Signs that someone may need counseling:
- Changes in an their usual behavior.
- Increasing irrational or aggressive behavior.
- Seeming sad or depressed.
- Increased isolation or withdrawal from people.
- Lack of energy.
- Odd behavior or speech.
- Sudden decline in school performance.
- Changes in personal hygiene and/or dress.
- Increased anxiety
Where to Find the Counseling and Career Services Office
The Counseling and Career Services Office is located inside the Student Center. From Gate #2 on the North Parkway entrance, it will be the first building on the right. "Prospective Student/Visitor" parking spots are available in both parking lots adjacent to the Student Center.
Our mailing address is: 2046 North Parkway Street Jackson, TN 38301-3797.
Our office hours are 8:00am to 4:30pm. We can be contacted by phone (731) 425-2616, by fax (731) 425-8810, or by email: Annette Deaton or Linda Nickell. Please read the Counseling Confidentiality for information regarding email.