Job Summary / Scope of Responsibility:
Responsible for assisting therapist in performing patient treatments. Patients treated include: Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult, and Geriatrics. Under the direct supervision of a therapist, responsible for clinical tasks and non-clinical tasks as scheduled and assigned by therapist/supervisor. Incumbents are subject to overtime and call back as required by the hospital
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists therapists with patient treatments by preparing treatment area, providing supplies and/or equipment needed for therapist to perform treatment, physically assisting therapist with activities, and transporting patients to and from treatment areas
- Must be able to work with patients while the patients have specialized equipment monitors, IVs, etc.
- Performs non-clinical tasks as assigned by therapists and performs basic reception duties as needed
- Assists in maintaining departmental cleanliness and monitors departmental inventory of equipment and supplies, notifying appropriate personnel of shortages and needed replacements
- Clean all treatment areas and equipment before and after each patient is treated
- Assists in training new employees
- Performs secretarial duties such as taking referrals, scheduling patients, answering phones, filling charts, etc.
- Performs related responsibilities as assigned or directed
- Contributes to a positive work climate and overall team effort of the department
- Works well under pressure
- High School Diploma required
- Ability to read, write, perform simple mathematical calculations, understand basic biology and anatomy, and follow written procedures as normally acquired through 2-3 months of orientation and on-the-job training.
- CPR certification to obtained within probation period
Licensure, Registration, Certification:
- CPR Certification
- Ability to perform routine procedures as directed by therapists and knowledge of hospital policies and procedures as acquired 2-3 month of orientation and on-the-job training
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to perform office procedures efficiently if needed
- Interpersonal skills to perform procedures as directed by therapists, secure patient cooperation and participation, and provide instruction, comfort, and support in interactions with patients on a continuous basis and with their families on a frequent basis
- Communication skills in frequent contact with nursing services and other hospital staff to exchange patient information concerning treatment and transportation
- Communication skills in occasional contact with Central Supply, Laundry, and Storeroom to exchange information concerning department stock and supplies
- Above normal tact and courtesy in occasional contact with Medical Staff, visitors, and general public
- Ability to assist with patient safety and effectively with moderate to heavy exertion (50-100 lbs.) on a continuous basis and perform light lifting (20 lbs.) of modality equipment and supplies on a frequent basis
- Lifting demands may be higher in acute and rehab areas than in outpatient facilities
- Possible exposure to uncomfortable temperatures, contagious diseases and human waste
Other Job Requirements:
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring continued professional growth
- Works well under pressure
- Understands and adheres to West Tennessee Healthcare's compliance standards as they appear in the Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct, and Conflict of Interest Policy
- The employee is expected to adhere to all WTH policies and procedures
- Able to multitask as able
How to Apply:
- Go to https://applicants.wth.org/careers/. Click on the "Log-In/Register" tab on the upper right hand corner.
- Create an account by clicking on the "Unregistered External User?" link located in the lower left hand side of the login box and fill out the necessary information.
- Click on the "Resume" tab located at the top of the page.
- Begin the application process. Make sure you click "Save" after each tab. Please note that you may be asked to upload your resume and a cover letter for the job that you are apply for.
- Once completed, click "Save"
- Apply for jobs by clicking on the "Search" tab at the top of the page.
- At the top of the search page type in the title of the position that you are applying for in the "Job Title/Job Description" box. The job will be listed if the position is still available.
- Click on the Job Title and obtain any information needed to complete the application process.
date posted: 07-12-2018