A consortium of 27 area manufacturing partners working with Jackson State have developed the AMT Co-op as a way of attracting highly qualified applicants into the field of multi-skilled maintenance technician.
Qualified applicants will be asked to consent to an employment screening which will include a drug screen. Positive findings on such will interfere with student employment placement.
Other employment screenings may include; a physical exam and a background check. Necessary screenings will be determined by the hiring employer (consortium member).
Consortium members will make the final decision about employment placements. Applicants' preferences will not be asked for or considered when deciding on employment placement.
The consortium is made up of the following firms:
- ABB - Alamo, TN
- ABB - Selmer, TN
- Adient - Lexington, TN
- Toyota/Bodine Aluminum
- Bongards - Humboldt, TN
- Carlstar Group
- Ceco Door - Milan, TN
- Delta Faucet
- Dynametal Technologies - Brownsville, TN
- GE Energy Connections - Selmer, TN
- Henderson Stamping and Production Inc. - Henderson, TN
- Jones Family of Companies - Humboldt, TN
- Metal Technologies Inc./Jackson Die Casting
- Monogram Refrigeration - Bethel Springs, TN
- Novolex/Duro Bag
- Pacific Manufacturing Tennessee
- PicSweet - Bells, TN
- Pinnacle Foods
- Precision Coils - Brownsville, TN
- Quality Metal Stamping - Henderson,TN
- Stanley Black and Decker
- Toyota Bushoku Tennessee
- US Farathane