Jackson, TennesseeMarch 29, 2012Jackson State Community College will host Alcohol Awareness Red Ribbon Week April 2-6, 2012. The following is a list of events.
See the Wrecked Car display by the Science Building and think about your own what ifs.
- 10 a.m. Nelms Classroom Building Room 212 JACOA representatives discuss Addiction, Treatment and Recovery
- Get your red lapel ribbon to wear all week available around campus
- Check out the JSCC Library website scrolling a list of books on alcoholism and drug abuse.
- 10:30 a.m. C1E1 JSCC Human Resources Director Amy West discusses JSCC Drug and Alcohol Policies Know Your Responsibilities
- 11:30 a.m. C212 JSCC Associate Professor of Nursing Diana Riddle discusses The Dangers of Mixing Prescription Drugs, Non-Prescription Drugs, Alcohol and Street Drugs.
- 12:30 p.m. C212 JSCC Associate Professor of Biology John Koons discusses The Dangers of Chronic Overconsumption of Ethanol (ethyl alcohol)
- 2:00 p.m. C212 – JSCC Human Resources Director Amy West discusses JSCC Drug and Alcohol Policies Know Your Responsibilities
- Wear Red Rally Day in the Quadrangle and Gym 9:30 a.m. 1:00 p.m.
- Give-Aways and Door Prizes!
- In the Quad:
- Tiki Bar with free mocktails
- Relay for Life selling pizza and baked goods
- Take confidential, online assessment under the gazebo
- Walk the line while wearing Fatal Vision Goggles
- Try the Fatal Reactions Distracted Driver activity
- Get information from area service providers
- Sign your Designated Driver Pledge Card
- In the Gym:
- Take the Impaired Driving Go-kart around the course
- Try the Fatal Reflections program
- Try the ToxiClock blood alcohol content program
For more information, please contact Linda Nickell at email@example.com.