For students interested in the business field, the division of Business at Jackson State offers two options. This makes certain that no matter where your interests are focused, Jackson State has the perfect pathway just for you!
Business Career Program
The Business Career Program at Jackson State is designed for students not planning to transfer to a four-year program and covers all the basics of business! From entrepreneurial start-ups, to working in a large corporate office, an associate’s degree in business can be applied to any industry!
- Are you interested in starting your own business?
- Are you interested in understanding how a business operates, at all levels?
- Do you want to know more about entrepreneurship, accounting, and the principles of marketing, management, economics, and relevant areas of business law?
The Business Career Program curriculum is focused on real-world applications and skills. Graduates are prepared to enter and succeed in business on the day they graduate!
Business Administration, Accounting & Economics
For students interested in working in business administration, the Business Administration, Accounting and Economics transfer pathway helps develop the skills necessary to make major decisions in the performance of or management of business operations!
- Would you like to be able to plan and organize the daily operations of a business?
- Would you like to be able to successfully budget and direct a successful operation?
The Business Administration, Accounting and Economics transfer pathway is perfect for students want to continue their education at a four-year college or university, and eventually end up in positions such as include Chairman, Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief Financial Officer (CFO), General Manager, or Accountant just to name a few!