Jackson State Community College has set two institutional goals for student success:
- Provide instructional programs (AA and AS degree programs) in university parallel curricula designed for students to complete the first two years of a bachelor's degree and to seamlessly transfer to a four-year university or college.
- Provide instructional programs in curricula (AAS degree programs) to meet the needs of students for entry-level employment in business or industry.
Associate of Arts Degree / Associate of Science Degree
The College/University Transfer Program consists of pathways in 23 academic and pre-professional areas designed for students desiring to transfer to a four-year college or university to work toward a baccalaureate degree. Upon the successful completion of the requirements, students will receive an Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science degree.
- Agriculture - Agricultural Business
- Agriculture - Animal Science Pathway
- Agriculture - Plant and Soil Science
- Business Administration
- Civil Engineering
- Criminal Justice
- Electrical Engineering
- Foreign Language
- General Studies
- Information Systems
- Mass Communication
- Mechanical Engineering
- Political Science
- Pre-Health Professions
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Social Work
Associate of Applied Science Degree
Jackson State offers the Associate of Applied Science degree in 11 majors and over 9 concentration/emphases. These professional and technical programs are designed for the student who does not intend to transfer to a four-year college or university to work toward a baccalaureate degree.
- EMS Paramedic
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- LPN-RN Career Mobility Track
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Physical Therapist Assistant