The lifeguard exists to provide users and guests with a safe and enjoyable aquatics environment. The lifeguard is responsible for providing a clean, well maintained, and safe environment in compliance with both facility and local public health department standards.
Essential Job Functions:
- Greets each user and guest by name when they enter and leave the pool area
- Monitor user activity within the aquatics environment to ensure a safe aquatics environment at all times
- Assists pool coordinator with monitoring the pool environment to ensure that it meets all required local health codes and user needs, a responsibility that may include monitoring and balancing water chemistry, monitoring and maintaining pool temperature, and monitoring and maintaining the cleanliness of the pool
- Assists with the maintenance of a clean and safe pool environment through proper cleaning and preventative maintenance of aquatics equipment, filter room equipment, heaters and pool surfaces per organizational policy/procedures
- Administers aquatics services as set forth by the facility including teaching swim lessons, supervising group-swim activities, and helping with other aquatics program activities
- Assists with any required job activity of the department, as may be needed, so as to ensure users are always served in accordance with the wellness center's over service philosophy
- Behaves at all times in a manner of professionalism that aligns with the values, philosophies, and standards of the wellness center and WTH
- Attends all scheduled meetings
- Performs other facility related duties, as my be needed to ensure satisfaction and enjoyment of the users
- Performs related responsibilities as required or directed
- High school diploma
Licensure, Registration, Certification:
- Certification in life saving and/or water safety from the American Red Cross or other recognized agency
- AED/CPR certification required during orientation
- Three (3) month's experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, engaging personality
- Ability to maintain consistency, outwardly positive attitude
- Ability to control a personal demonstration of stress or emotional affect
- Contributes to a positive work environment and the overall team effort of the department
- Must be in excellent physical condition to perform job duties
How to Apply:
- Go to https://applicants.wth.org/careers/. Click on the "Log-In/Register" tab on the upper right hand corner of the page.
- Create an account by clicking on the "Unregistered External User?" link located in the lower left hand side of the login box and fill out the necessary information.
- Click on the "Resume" tab located at the top of the page.
- Begin the application process. Make sure you click "Save" after each tab. Please note that you may be asked to upload your resume and a cover letter for the job that you are apply for.
- Once completed, click "Save"
- Apply for jobs by clicking on the "Search" tab at the top of the page.
- At the top of the search page type in the title of the position that you are applying for in the "Job Title/Job Description" box. The job will be listed if the position is still available.
- Click on the Job Title and obtain any information needed to complete the application process.
Hours: Part-time - No Benefits
date posted: 04-30-2018