Did you start your college degree years ago and never finish or maybe you are considering college for the first time? The Tennessee Reconnect scholarship is available for eligible adult learners to receive tuition assistance. Trying to balance family, work, and other life events can make returning to college feel daunting, but Reconnect allows you enroll full-time or part-time to work around your other responsibilities. In addition, JSCC will provide you with an academic advisor, a completion coach, and a wide array of support services to help you on your journey. Make your dream of earning a degree a reality and Reconnect with Jackson State today!
You may qualify for Reconnect if you:
- Meet JSCC Admissions Requirements.
- Have not yet earned an associate or bachelor’s degree.
- Have been a Tennessee resident for at least one year before completing the FAFSA.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). JSCC’s federal school code is 004937. The sooner you fill out the FAFSA, the better! Students may fill out the FAFSA beginning October 1, 2017.
- Can be classified as an independent student (see FAFSA criteria).
- Are not in default on a federal or state loan or owe a refund of federal or state financial aid. Contact the JSCC Financial Aid Office at 731-425-2605 for assistance if this applies to you.
- Enroll in at least six credit hours per semester.
- Participate in a college success program.
More details on eligibility can be found at www.tnreconnect.gov
How Do I Get Started?
- To apply for Reconnect, you need to apply (or reapply if applicable) to Jackson State.
- Complete the FAFSA. Remember, Jackson State also offers several scholarships! Contact Financial Aid to see if you qualify.
- Complete the TN Reconnect Application
How do I keep the scholarship once I get it?
- Register for classes in an associate degree program or an eligible certificate program.
- Enroll in at least six credit hours every fall and spring semester.
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA.
- Participate in advising and complete an academic plan.
- Renew your FAFSA every year.
Why should I Reconnect at JSCC?
With day, night and online classes offered at our five locations, Jackson State provides its students with opportunities for advancement and growth not found at some other big universities. We pride ourselves on affordability, student engagement, and customer service, and our small class sizes mean more one-on-one time with professors. Our students also have access to the following resources:
- The Reconnect Community (TRC)
- Academic Assistance Center (AAC)
- Tutoring labs (writing, reading, math)
- Advising Coaches
To get Reconnected today, contact the Recruitment Office at (731) 425-2601!