Student Employment

Job Postings

It is the student’s responsibility to find a Federal Work-Study or Institutional Work Program job on campus.  Review the list of open positions, complete a Student Employment application, and contact the supervisor of the desired position to notify them that you are interested in a student employment position.  After you have interviewed for the position, and been found eligible to work, you will be required to complete a contract, background check, and new-hire paperwork before you can begin work. 

Federal Work-Study and Institutional Work Program job postings may be viewed by students at the following link:

Federal College Work-Study Eligibility

The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and all financial aid requirements needed by the institution must be completed to receive any federal assistance.  Students must demonstrate financial need through the FAFSA, and students must be accepted into a program as a degree-seeking student.  Dual Enrollment students are not eligible to participate in the Federal Work-Study program.

Additionally, students must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and maintain at least half-time enrollment to be allowed to participate in the Federal Work-Study program.  If a student drops below half-time enrollment at any point during the term, the student is immediately terminated from the program.

Federal Work-Study funds are limited and therefore it is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis until the funds are depleted.  Jobs are awarded to students who demonstrate financial need on the FAFSA.  A student may work up to 20 hours per week on campus, or with an off-campus community service agency.  An on-campus job might include work as an office clerk, library assistant, lab assistant, data entry clerk, or business office assistant.  Holding more than one work-study job at a time is not allowed.  In addition, students cannot be classified as a work-study participant and an employee (full-time, part-time, or temporary) of the institution.

If you wish to apply, you must submit the FAFSA and a Student Employment Application. 

JSCC Institutional Work Program Eligibility

This program offers jobs to students that do not qualify for need-based Federal Work-Study funds.  Limited positions are available, and are based simply on the availability of funds.  If you wish to apply, you must submit the FAFSA and a Student Employment Application. 

Off-Campus Job Placement and Career Services for Students

Visit Placement Services for more information.