Jackson State Community College has set two institutional goals for student success:
- Provide instructional programs (AA and AS degree programs) in university parallel curricula designed for students to complete the first two years of a bachelor's degree and to seamlessly transfer to a four-year university or college.
- Provide instructional programs in curricula (AAS degree programs) to meet the needs of students for entry-level employment in business or industry.
Associate of Arts Degree / Associate of Science Degree
The College/University Transfer Program consists of pathways in 23 academic and pre-professional areas designed for students desiring to transfer to a four-year college or university to work toward a baccalaureate degree. Upon the successful completion of the requirements, students will receive an Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science degree.
Career Ready Degrees
Associate of Applied Science Degree
Jackson State offers the Associate of Applied Science degree in 11 majors and over 9 concentration/emphases. These professional and technical programs are designed for the student who does not intend to transfer to a four-year college or university to work toward a baccalaureate degree.
- EMS Paramedic
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- LPN-RN Career Mobility Track
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Radiologic Technology
- Respiratory Care