CORONAVIRUS UPDATE - Learn about JSCC's response to COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)


The Academic and Student Services Unit of Jackson State Community College provides a dynamic, learner-centered environment dedicated to integrity, excellence, innovation, and success.

The Records Office is located in the Student Center. Below are a few of the services we provide. Please, feel free to contact us with any questions at (800) 355-5722 ext. 52654 or (731) 425-2654.

Transcript Request

An official transcript will be sent upon written request. Your request must include your signature. Email & phone requests will not be honored. Transcripts will normally be processed within 3 to 5 business days upon receipt of your request.

You may request a transcript by filling out the Transcript Request form and mailing or faxing to:

JSCC Records Office
2046 North Parkway
Jackson TN 38301-3797
Fax (731) 425-2653

Official transcripts released to the student state "Issued to Student" on each page. These may or may not be accepted by the receiving institution. Please check with that school/institution.

  • There is no fee for transcripts unless more than 10 are requested at one time.
  • No transcripts will be released for or to a student who has any financial debts with the school or who has not completed all admissions requirements.

*Information Regarding Requests to Fax Transcripts - understand that your transcript may be received in an "open" area in view of others than whom it is intended. Jackson State is not responsible for the confidentiality of your academic record when it is faxed to the number indicated on the request.

Unofficial transcripts can be accessed on-line through Access Your JSCC Records if you are not a currently enrolled student or jWeb if you are currently enrolled. If you have not attended JSCC since fall 1986, your transcript may not be accessible on the web.

Change of Major

A Change of Major form must be filled out and returned to the Records Office before your major can be changed.

  • If you are changing from non-degree seeking or certificate seeking, you must meet all appropriate additional admissions requirements.
  • Requests to change a major are honored during registration periods up to the last day to add a course for any given semester. Any requests submitted after this period will be held until future registration occurs. If your request is in regards to financial aid or a graduation proposal, please notify the Records Office.

Verify Enrollment

To request verification of enrollment, you must fill out the Enrollment Verification form and submit it to the Records Office. We request 2 to 5 business days upon receipt to process your request.

  • Enrollment cannot be verified until fees are paid for the semester you are requesting.
  • We are unable to verify enrollment for future terms. (current & past terms only)

Enrollment verification generally consists of a typed letter that states the semester (including dates) and full-time or part-time status. If any additional information needs to be added to the letter, please include it in the "Additional Request(s)/Comments" section on the Enrollment Verification form.

Loan deferment requests must include a completed Enrollment Verification form. *Please complete all the required student information sections on your loan deferment form before submitting.* Any missing information may slow the processing of your request.

Change of Name or Address

To request a change of name, you must complete the Change of Name/Address form and return it to the Records Office to be processed.

  • Name change requests must be accompanied by some form of legal documentation declaring the new name (e.g. marriage certificate, divorce decree, social security card, driver's license).

Release of Information Requests

Restrict Release of Information form - restrict release of personally identifiable information.

Permit Release of Information form - permit release of personally identifiable information.

Consent for Instructor Release of Academic-Info form - consent for instructor(s) for indicated term to release academic related information to designated individuals.

Auditing a Course(s)

To audit a course(s) for any given semester, use the Audit Form after registering for the class but before the semester begins. After completing the form, submit it to the Records Office.

The Credit to Audit form is for students who need to change a currently enrolled course from credit to audit.

Transfer Equivalency

Follow the link below to access the available transfer equivalency tables.

Equivalency Tables