The Admissions and Records Office is located in the Student Center. Below are a few of the services we provide. Please, feel free to contact us with any questions at (800) 355-5722 ext. 52654 or (731) 425-2654.
Records Document Uploads
Submit completed forms by uploading them directly via the link below.
Jackson State has given the National Student Clearinghouse authorization to provide electronic transcript ordering via the web. These transcripts are processed immediately. Therefore, if you are current enrolled in classes or planning to graduate, verify your grades and/or degree are showing on your JSCC Self-Service transcript before placing your transcript order.
- This service is free for currently enrolled students sending transcripts to other Tennessee Board of Regents institutions and $2.50-$3.50 each for all other requests. Credit card payments only.
- Once your transcript order is completed, you will receive an Order Confirmation number. Make a note of this number, as it may be needed for you to follow up on your order. An email will be sent to you, once your transcript has been sent.
- Please contact the National Student Clearinghouse's transcript ordering service if you need help or have questions about your order.
- If you attended JSCC prior to Fall 1986, you may not have an electronic transcript available to request.
You may also order free transcripts that may be picked up or sent via postal mail. (NOTE: These are not processed immediately and take 1-3 business days to process.)
If you prefer to send a transcript without a cost, or you have not attended JSCC since Fall 1986, an official transcript will be sent upon written request. Your request must include your signature. Email & phone requests will not be honored. Transcripts will normally be processed within 3 to 5 business days upon receipt of your request.
You may request a transcript by filling out the Transcript Request form and mailing, faxing or email it to:JSCC Records Office
2046 North Parkway
Jackson TN 38301-3797
Fax (731) 425-2653
Change of Major
A Change of Major form must be filled out and returned to the Records Office before your major can be changed.
- If you are changing from non-degree seeking or certificate seeking, you must meet all appropriate additional admissions requirements.
- Requests to change a major are honored during registration periods up to the last day to add a course for any given semester. Any requests submitted after this period will be held until future registration occurs. If your request is in regards to financial aid or a graduation proposal, please notify the Records Office.
To request verification of enrollment, you must fill out the Enrollment Verification form and submit it to the Records Office. We request 2 to 5 business days upon receipt to process your request.
- Enrollment cannot be verified until fees are paid for the semester you are requesting.
- We are unable to verify enrollment for future terms. (current & past terms only)
Enrollment verification generally consists of a typed letter that states the semester (including dates) and full-time or part-time status. If any additional information needs to be added to the letter, please include it in the "Additional Request(s)/Comments" section on the Enrollment Verification form.
Loan deferment requests must include a completed Enrollment Verification form. *Please complete all the required student information sections on your loan deferment form before submitting.* Any missing information may slow the processing of your request.
Change of Name or Address
To request a change of name, you must complete the Change of Student Information and return it to the Records Office to be processed.
- Name change requests must be accompanied by some form of legal documentation declaring the new name (e.g. marriage certificate, divorce decree, social security card, driver's license).
Release of Information Requests
Restrict Release of Information form - restrict release of personally identifiable information.
Permit Release of Information form - permit release of personally identifiable information.
Consent for Instructor Release of Academic-Info form - consent for instructor(s) for indicated term to release academic related information to designated individuals.
Auditing a Course(s)
To audit a course(s) for any given semester, use the Audit Form after registering for the class but before the semester begins. After completing the form, submit it to the Records Office.
The Credit to Audit form is for students who need to change a currently enrolled course from credit to audit.
Follow the link below to access the available transfer equivalency tables.