Helpful Resources

Types of Financial Aid

Federal Aid (Pell Grant, FSEOG, Federal Work-Study)

  • FAFSA Information:
    1-800-4FED-AID (1-800-433-3243) - Use this number to check the status of your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), for assistance with your login information, or to request a Student Aid Report (SAR).  
  • The following website provides additional information about federal student aid: 

TN State Aid

Federal Government Agencies

  • Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
    1-800-829-1040 - 
    Use this number to request a TRANSCRIPT of your tax return.  Allow 10 - 15 days for delivery.
  • Social Security Administration
    1-800-772-1213 or locally at (888) 383-1593 -- 
    Use either of these numbers to call for verification of your Social Security benefits.  You may also go to the local office at 415 Cheyenne Drive in Jackson, TN.
  • Selective Service System
    -- Use this number to check your registration information or go to the Selective Service System.
  • U. S. Department of Education
    For information to help you reach your college dreams visit
  • Veteran's Administration
    -- Use this number to call concerning verification of your Veterans benefits.  Visit the JSCC Veterans Affairs website.

TN State Government Agencies

  • Workforce Investment Act (WIA)
Decatur County
P. O. Box 653
Parsons, TN 38363
(731) 847-2021
Chester County
269 N. Church Street
Henderson, TN 38340
(731) 989-5160
Hardeman County
602-A Tennessee St.
Bolivar, TN 38008
(731) 658-4073
Haywood County
140 S. Wilson Ave.
Brownsville,TN 38012
(731) 779-0868
Hardin County
1080 Wayne Road
Savannah, TN 38372
(731) 925-4169
Henderson County
17 Monroe Ave.
Lexington, TN 38351
(731) 968-0276
Madison County
362 Carriage Hse Dr.
Jackson, TN 38305
(731) 668-2040
McNairy County
701-B Indust Park Dr 
Selmer, TN 38375
(731) 645-7264
Benton County
60 North Church Ave
Camden, TN 38320
(731) 584-1711
Henry County
55 Jones Bed Rd Ext
Paris, TN 38242
(731) 641-1020
Carroll County
470 Mustang Drive
Huntingdon, TN 38344
(731) 986-8217
Weakley County
135 S.Poplar St, Ste B
Dresden, TN 38225
(731) 364-0100

For additional information, locations and phone numbers in the state of Tennessee.

  • Vocational Rehabilitation
    Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) is a federal and state-funded program providing services to help individuals with disabilities enter or return to employment. It is designed to assist individuals of working age with physical and/or mental disabilities compete successfully with others in earning a livelihood.  Vocational Rehabilitation Services website

    Vocational Rehabilitation Services are located throughout Tennessee. To locate your local department:
    • Call 1-833-772-8347
    • Contact the Disability Resource Center of JSCC at (731) 424-3520 ext. 50354.
    • Contact the Financial Aid Office at (731) 425-2605 or 1-800-355-5722 ext. 52605 or .
  • Families First
    Families First provides temporary cash benefits to families who have children, and are experiencing financial difficulties. These benefits are time-limited to 60 months in a participant’s lifetime.  The Families First program emphasizes work, training, and personal responsibility. To be eligible for the program, participants must agree to follow a Personal Responsibility Plan (PRP).  As part of the PRP, the participant agrees to keep immunizations and health checks up to date for their children, keep their children in school, co-operate with Child Support Services to establish paternity, and participate in a work/training program for at least 30 hours per week.  Unless a participant is exempt from the 30-hour work requirement, he/she will develop, with the assistance of a work activity contractor, an individualized career plan (ICP). This plan is based on the participant’s needs and skills. The ultimate goal of the ICP is to provide a work and training guide that will result in financial independence for the family.

    Families First services are located throughout Tennessee.  To locate your local department:

Other Resources

  • Resources for Students Experiencing Housing Insecurity or Homelessness
    The transition into college can be challenging—especially if you are not sure where to begin, who to contact, or if you are unsure of where you will live.  If you lack secure housing or are homeless, JSCC wants to ensure that you can access resources that may assist you in your journey toward a degree. 

    JSCC’s priorities are to help you to obtain financial assistance and to connect you with resources to support your education, including housing options and services.   We will help you complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) which is the required application for federal and state financial aid.  We will also connect you with on-campus and off-campus resources for which you may qualify.

    JSCC has a dedicated homeless student liaison, Mr. John Brandt, Director of Financial Aid.    You can meet him in his office (Student Center, Room 108), call him at (731) 425-2624, or email him at
  • Directory of Community Resources
  • Educational and Training Vouchers for Current and Former Foster Care Youth
  • Cash Course - Free to JSCC students; to help you work on a personal budget, debt recovery, paying for college, and the best ways to handle your money.

Campus Locations

Jackson - Main Campus
2046 N. Parkway
Jackson TN 38301
(731) 425-2605
800-355-5722 Ext. 52605 

Savannah-Hardin County Center
840 S. Pickwick Rd
Savannah TN 38372
(731) 925-5722 

Lexington-Henderson County Center
932 E. Church Street
Lexington TN 38351
(731) 968-5722 

Gibson County Center
2071 U.S. 45 Bypass
Trenton, TN 38382
(731) 425-8836