New high school students who are interested in dual enrollment with JSCC need to do the following:
1. Talk with your School Counselor to determine eligibility and high school
2. DE Participation Requirements:
- Possess a 3.0 minimum high school GPA
- Satisfy specific course requirements using one of the following:
- A 3.6 or higher high school GPA which satisfies most course requirements
- ACT Scores of 18 English, 19 Reading & 19 Math (SAT & Pre-ACT/SAT also accepted)
- A 3.0 to 3.59 HS GPA and a written recommendation from the principal or guidance counselor
3. Application & Required Documents:
Submit your high school transcript. Have your high school email (email@example.com) or fax (731) 425-2603 it along with any ACT, SAT or Pre ACT/SAT scores.
4. TN Dual Enrollment Grant Application (tn.gov/collegepays):
- Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation (TSAC) provides one grant per semester towards tuition for high school juniors and seniors enrolled in college credit courses. Students may qualify for two additional grants in the same semester if they have a 3.0 GPA or 21 Composite ACT score (21 ACT score is required for home school students).
- Students must maintain a 2.75 College GPA (different from HS GPA) to receive the grant in future semesters.
5. JSCC Dual Enrollment Scholarship:
- Covers difference in tuition and mandatory fees not covered by the TN DE grant.
- Students who use grants 1 & 2 at JSCC qualify for the scholarship.