Test Location: Currently, Academic Assistance Center (Above the Library)
Cost: $5.00 per subject or part to confirm ACT or ACCUPLACER scores
(Note: All fees are non-refundable and non-transferable)
This series of tests is offered before each semester for students who wish to confirm their ACT or ACCUPLACER assessment in math, reading and/or writing. Students are encouraged to confirm their placement. However, you may confirm a Learning Support class only one time. If you earned a grade (F, PR, W) in a Learning Support class, you cannot retest for that class; you must re-take that class to remove the grade.
Past experience shows that students who prepare for the Confirmation test have a good chance of testing up a level. Students who do not prepare usually do not move up. Therefore, there is a mandatory one week waiting period between the ACCUPLACER and Confirmation test.
Academy and Learning Support (LS): Students who tested into the Academy or Learning Support may take a Confirmation test in an attempt to move into Learning Support or into college-level courses.
IN ORDER TO TEST, PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW THESE STEPS (Appointment Required)
1. Review test dates provided below at the end of these instructions.
2. Schedule your appointment in Jackson at least 24 hours in advance. NOTE: The 24 hours does not include the weekend. You will need your J-number and phone number.
*Check with the Lexington, Savannah, and Humboldt Centers for their testing dates and times.
3. On test day, arrive 15-20 minutes early to pay your fee in the Business Office.
4. Take your receipt and photo ID with you to the Library Reference Center area and please be seated. While you're waiting, try to relax until someone from the Academic Assistance Center (proctor) comes to get you. Everyone will be admitted at the same time. Acceptable forms of ID include an unexpired driver's license, a state or federal photo ID, or a JSCC ID.
5. When you arrive upstairs in the Academic Assistance Center, you will present your photo identification and receipt to the AAC staff. At this point, ALL CELL PHONES must be completely turned off!
Next, you will be issued a locker in which to place your cell phone, electronic devices, hat, personal items, and any extra papers you may have. You will be given scratch paper and a pencil that must be collected at the end of the test. A calculator will be available for you to use on the math test. Students are not allowed to use their own.
You have until the last test day prior to the first day of class to confirm a Learning Support class and you must honor the one week waiting period between tests. Students may test only once.
- Accuplacer Study Resources (Practice materials, study guide and app)
- The Math test covers basic math and algebra. (untimed)
- The Reading Comprehension test measures you ability to understand what you've read. (untimed)
- The WritePlacer measures your ability to write effectively. (timed essay - 1 hr. 20 min.)
- ACT study guides are available at area bookstores and libraries.
- Review and Test Prep Sites:
- The Registration Center will be open if anyone has any scheduling changes that need to be made after the testing is complete that day.
Students requesting special testing must make a request in advance by contacting the Academic Assistance Center at (731) 424-3520 ext. 50479 and must have accommodations approved through the Disability Resource Center.
|Monday, November 19, 2018||12:00 pm|
|Monday, November 19, 2018||5:30 pm|
|Tuesday, November 20, 2018||9:30 am|
|Wednesday, November 21, 2018||9:30 am|
|Tuesday, November 27, 2018||12:00 pm|
|Thursday, November 29, 2018||9:30 am|