J-State’s mission has always been to provide accessible learning opportunities that enhance the lives of individuals, strengthen the workforce, and empower our diverse communities. We pride ourselves in offering top-tier programs with excellent resources at low costs to meet YOUR needs! Those top-tier services include…
- The most affordable tuition in the west Tennessee region
- Financial aid and payment plans available to almost every student
- Each student is assigned an advising coach or a faculty advisor to guide you to degree completion in a timely and successful way
- J-State’s professors bring real-world experience to the classroom, and our faculty and staff are focused on your success
- We offer Tennessee Transfer Pathways (TTP), which ensure all of your credits transfer seamlessly to any public university in Tennessee as well as many private universities in the state
- Our Associate of Applied Science degrees provide many career-ready, great-paying job opportunities to get you in your field faster, including EMS Paramedic, Business Management, Networking, and more
- The Academic Assistance Center (AAC), Math Lab, and Writing Center provides tutoring for all subjects on campus at no cost to the student, along with online tutoring to meet student needs
- The Disability Resource Center serves students by providing reasonable accommodations so that no student will be excluded from any college activity or function
- Counseling and Career Services offers assistance with academic, career, and personal concerns
Green Jay Nation
Find your place on campus! Here are just some of the clubs and activities in which you can get involved:
- Advanced Manufacturing Club
- Anime Club
- Art Club
- Baptist Collegiate Ministry
- Black Student Association
- Catalyst Club
- Communication Club
- Creative Writing Club
- Criminal Justice Club
- Dramatic Society
- Human Rights Club
- Innovation Ensemble Choir
- Lexington Area Student Service Organization (LASSO)
- Multicultural Student Association
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
- Physical Therapist Assistant Club
- Radiography Club
- Social Sciences Club
- Spanish Club
- Student Government Association
- Student Nurses Association
- Student Veterans Association
- Student Occupational Therapy Assistant Club
Come out to the gym and the ballpark and support the Green Jays as they compete for regional and national titles! Our athletics department provides a well-rounded college experience to students with advanced athletic abilities. Intramural sports are available to all students, with a variety of competitions throughout the year.
We also offer a fitness center that is free to students with treadmills, elliptical trainers, fixed weight machines, free weights, and more!
Programs of Excellence
Green Jays are achievers! At J-State, you can take another step forward through one of our Programs of Excellence. These programs allow students the chance to do independent research, participate in volunteer opportunities, and travel the world all while furthering their education. Get involved today with. . .
The J-State Financial Aid office assists students in finding aid and scholarships to pay for college. For more information, call (731) 425-2605.
Visit financial aid for application information. Scholarships and federal and state financial aid are available:
Tennessee Promise is both a scholarship and mentoring program focused on increasing the number of students that attend college in our state directly from high school. It is a last dollar scholarship covering tuition not covered by the federal Pell Grant, the Hope Lottery Scholarship or other state student assistance funds.
Tennessee Reconnect is an initiative to help adults enter higher education to gain new skills, advance in the workplace, or fulfill lifelong dreams of completing a degree.
- Federal Pell Grants
- Academic Service Scholarships
- Access and Diversity Scholarships
- Campus Employment
- Jackson State Community College
- Foundation Scholarships
A Home for Veterans and Active Duty Military Members
J-State is committed to serving our military students and their families by maintaining an ongoing designation as a Military Friendly institution. In 2017, the Tennessee Higher Education Commission recognized JSCC as a Veteran Education Transition Support® campus, or VETS. Veterans have the following financial opportunities at JSCC:
- Selected Reserve Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 1606)
- GI Bill®-Active Duty Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 30)*
- Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Chapter 33)*
- Dependents Educational Assistance (Chapter 35)
- Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31)
The Military Student Center at J-State provides a home on campus and support for students who are veterans and active duty military, with free tutoring, textbook and calculator loans, a lounge, and one-on-one guidance.
*GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
Submit FREE admission application.
Submit official copy of high school transcript or high school equivalency scores (GED, HiSET, etc).
Submit official ACT scores (must be less than five years old). Your scores in English, Math, and Reading are used to place you in appropriate courses.
If you don't have current ACT scores, no problem! You can take the Accuplacer test
in our Academic Assistance Center, or enroll in the support labs, while taking the
connected college level classes.
To sign up for the Accuplacer test, Call (731) 425-2614 to make an appointment.
Submit Proof of Citizenship (Copy of Driver’s License, State Issued ID, or Birth Certificate)
Submit completed admission application.
Submit official transcripts from each undergraduate institution attended. If you are currently enrolled elsewhere, you must submit a final transcript to show most recent semester work.
Submit official copy of high school transcript or high school equivalency scores unless a college degree has already been earned.
Dual Enrollment for High School Students
Did you know you could earn college credit while still in high school? And with a combination of grants from the state of Tennessee, you can complete several classes tuition-free!
Getting started with Dual Enrollment is easy:
Speak with your high school counselor about what to take
- Complete the online JSCC Application
- Submit Supplemental Documents
- ACT Scores
- High School Transcripts
- Dual Enrollment Signature Page
- Register for classes either through the high school or through our online portal, jWeb
To discuss this opportunity, contact your high school guidance counselor, or our Admissions Officers at (731) 425-2601.