Administration Building, Room 124
(731) 424-3520, ext. 50354
- Apply for Admission to Jackson State
- Apply to receive your VA benefits: www.va.gov under Education Benefits
- If you are in the National Guard using Federal Tuition Assistance (TA), first talk to your Educational Service Officer (ESO) or counselor in your military service prior to enrolling, then apply at www.goarmyed.com; for additional state aid apply at TN Strong.
- Apply for Financial Aid using the FAFSA
- Submit all documents requested by Admissions and by Financial Aid
- About 30 days after applying for VA benefits, you should receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) in the mail. Bring it to JSCC’s VA office with your DD214.
- We’ll order a copy of your military transcript (JST) to review and award appropriate Prior Learning Credit.
- Once accepted to JSCC, register for a Great Expectations Orientation if you are a first-time or new transfer student. There will be a separate session for people receiving military benefits.
- You will meet with an advisor and register for classes at Great Expectations.
- The college’s VA rep then will certify your JSCC classes.
- For TA, get copy of your class schedule and tuition statement on letterhead from college’s VA rep, then submit on www.goarmyed.com.
- Pay any remaining money owed the school in the Business Office or on jWeb by the published last day to pay, or see VA rep about a potential deferment.
That’s it! When school starts, check out the Military Student Center in the Administration Building, and get involved with the Student Veterans’ Association. Let us know if you need anything!