Military Benefits

Administration Building, Room 124
(731) 425-2618
(731) 424-3520, ext. 50354




  • Submit all documents requested by Admissions and by Financial Aid
  • About 30 days after applying for VA benefits, you should receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) by email or mail. Bring it to JSCC’s VA office with your DD214.
  • We’ll order a copy of your military transcript (JST) to review and award appropriate Prior Learning Credit.
  • For TA, go on ArmyIgnitED, find your course enrollments submitted by the JSCC VA Coordinator, and request TA for each class.


  • Once accepted to JSCC, register for a New Student Orientation if you are a first-time or new transfer student. There will be a separate session for people receiving military benefits.
  • You will meet with an advisor and register for classes at Orientation.
  • The college’s VA rep then will certify your JSCC classes.
  • Pay any remaining money owed the school in the Business Office or on jWeb by the published last day to pay.

That’s it!  When school starts, use the Military Student Center, and get involved with the Student Veterans’ Association. Let us know if you need anything!