Jackson State Community College is accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award the Level I Associate Degree. SACSCOC is located at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, telephone 404-679-4500. Visit the SACSCOC website for more information. This contact should be used for inquiries about the institution's accreditation status and not in regard to admissions and general education policies and practices of the institution.
- The Associate of Applied Science in Business Studies, the Associate of Science in Accounting, and the Associate of Science in Business Administration are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (11520 West 119th Street, Overland Park, KS 66213 phone 913-339-9356 firstname.lastname@example.org ).
- The Associate of Applied Science Medical Laboratory Technician program is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (5600 N. River Road, Suite 720, Rosemont IL, 60018 phone 773-714-8880).
- The Associate of Applied Science in Nursing is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326. Phone (404) 975-5000.
- The Associate of Applied Science Physical Therapist Assistant is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (1111 N. Fairfax St., Alexandria, VA 22314 phone 703-706-3245, accreditationA@apta.org ).
- The Associate of Applied Science Radiologic Technology is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (20 N. Wacker Dr., Chicago, IL 60606-3182 phone 312-704-5300).
- The EMT and AEMT Certificates and Paramedic Degree programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Health Sciences Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP). Commission on Accreditation of Health Sciences Education Programs (25400 U.S. Highway 19 North, Suite 158, Clearwater, FL 33763, www.caahep.org). To contact CoAEMSP: 8301 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 111-312 Rowlet, TX 75088, phone (214)703-8445, fax (214)703-8992, www.coaemsp.org
- The Associate of Applied Science in Engineering Systems is accredited by The Association of Technology, Management and Applied Engineering (ATMAE). 275 North York Street, Suite 401, Elmhurst, IL 60126, 630.433.4514, www.atmae.org.
- The Associate of Applied Science in Occupational Therapy Assistant program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), located at 4720 Montgomery Lane, Suite 200, Bethesda, MD 20814-3449. ACOTE's telephone number c/o AOTA is (301) 652-AOTA (2682), and its web address is www.acoteonline.org. Graduates of the program will be eligible to sit for the national certification examination for the occupational therapy assistant administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT). After successful completion of this exam, the individual will be a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA). In addition, all states require licensure in order to practice; however, state licenses are usually based on the results of the NBCOT Certification Examination. Note that a felony conviction may affect a graduate's ability to sit for the NBCOT Certification Examination or attain state licensure.
- The Respiratory Care Program, CoARC program number 200626, AAS Degree in Respiratory Care, and Jackson State Community College main campus holds Provisional Accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (www.coarc.com). The Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care can be contacted at 1248 Harwood Road, Bedford, TX 76021-4244 and at (817) 283-2835.