Reporting an Incident

What to Do if You Have Been Sexually Assaulted:

  1. Get to a safe place as fast as you can.
  2. Call the police or sheriff’s department as soon as possible. If you are on a Jackson State campus, contact Campus Police at (731) 225-5952.
  3. Call someone who can be with you. If you do not want to call a friend or family member, the police or sheriff’s department will contact an advocate.
  4. Preserve all physical evidence. Do not wash, comb, or clean any part of your body. If possible, do not change clothes.
  5. Seek medical attention. Go to the nearest emergency room. While at the hospital, you will need to be examined, treated for any injuries, and screened for possible sexually transmitted infections.
  6. Seek follow-up counseling. Regardless of whether you report the assault, it is often helpful to seek counseling for the traumatic experience you have survived.

If you have been the victim of stalking, sexual assault, domestic violence, or dating violence – either on or off Jackson State property - you are urged to file a report with local law enforcement authorities and/or the Jackson State Campus Police:

Jackson State Campus Police
CELL (731) 217-5752
OFFICE ext. 50420 or 50244
Jackson Police Department
234 Institute St,
Jackson, TN 38301
(731) 425-8400
Madison County Sheriff’s Department
546 E College St
Jackson, TN 38301
(731) 423-6000
Savannah Police Department
80 King St
Savannah, TN 38372
(731) 925-4989
Hardin County Sheriff’s Department
525 Water St
Savannah, TN 38372
(731) 925-3377
Humboldt Police Department
1421 Osborne St
Humboldt, TN 38343
(731) 784-1322
Gibson County Sheriff’s Department
401 N. College
Trenton, TN 38382
(731) 855-1121
Lexington Police Department
88 1st Street
Lexington, TN 38351
(731) 968-6666
Henderson County Sheriff’s Department
50 Natchez Trace Dr
Lexington, TN 38351
(731) 968-7777

Confidential Reporting

If you do not want to file a formal complaint, but would like to make a confidential report, please contact:

Orders of Protection

Forms for Orders of Protection

Additional information related to such orders

Complaint Against an Employee

If you want to file a complaint of sexual misconduct against a Jackson State employee, please contact:

JSCC Title IX Coordinator
(731) 424-3520 Ext. 50326
Compliance Risk Officer
Room 125B, Administration Building

Complaint Against a Student

If you want to file a complaint of sexual misconduct against a Jackson State student, please contact: