Drive employee motivation and discover new, dynamic paths to effective organizational communication with targeted workshops: Core Skills of Leadership, results oriented Communication, Coaching and Managing Performance, Motivation and Conflict Resolution,
The Essentials in Leadership Series provides the insight and training to be able to effectively:
- Discern breakdowns in the communication process and how to close the loop.
- Empower your message with a variety of persuasive and informative techniques.
- Understand the patterns of conflict and how to derive solutions quickly.
- Develop negotiation skills that can be applied in common workplace scenarios.
- Build a culture of trust that leads to an ‘us’ environment.
- Create processes that incentivize high-performance and standardizes goals and rewards.
- Disrupt the hegemony of procrastination and do what is important, when it’s important.
Participants may either choose to take one or more individual workshops, or they may choose to pursue the Essentials in Leadership Certificate.
Creating and leading strong teams is a core skill of a successful manager. This learning unit builds on basic management skills to prepare participants to manage in a team setting or enhance existing skills.
Students will learn to:
- Define a team and elements of effective teams.
- Understand how to define a team’s purpose.
- How to build a team with a mix of assigned and assumed roles.
- Understand the impact of team processes and procedures including communication and decision-making.
- Define the role of a leader in the stages of team development.
- Recognize and resolve the types of team conflict.
This course focuses on understanding the many different elements of communication. By understanding the art of building commitment, building trust, building agreements and building working relationships, team members can learn to effectively communicate across the many levels of operation.
- Learn to create messages that are clear, concise and compelling.
- Understand the value of trust in many forms.
- Develop goals for a shared need or vision
- Apply a coaching process to understand the results of poor and miscommunication.
This course will help supervisors and managers learn the skills to develop others. Building the competency and commitment of team members will improve performance, reduce turnover, and enhance your operation. Supervisors are a critical link to enhancing the productivity and performance of the whole team. This course focuses on supervision techniques that increase positivism—and, subsequently, productivity.
Students will learn to:
- Identify the benefits of coaching.
- Identify work situations that require coaching.
- Use a model to assess performance potential and develop appropriate responses.
- Apply a coaching process to successfully deal with performance goals/issues.
- Have confidence to succeed
- Understand the functions of the role
- Apply critical success factors
The ability to influence without authority is the hallmark of a leader. Successful influencers maximize outcomes by building consensus and gaining cooperation.
In this course, students will:
- Understand the role of influence
- Achieve goals by understanding ways that people connect and using strategies to impact connections.
- Use knowledge and competence rather than position and status to create personal impact.
This program will explore five modes people use in dealing with conflict and how to determine when each mode is most appropriate/least appropriate and a 6-step collaborative process for resolving conflicts.
- Identify the critical components and benefits of conflict.
- Identify the five conflict handling modes and determine which mode is appropriate to a given situation.
- Appropriate to a given situation.
- Identify which mode you rely on most often and determine the impact of this on your relationships.
- Use a six-step model to successfully collaborate in a conflict situation.
- Deal with difficult situations in a positive manner