If learning support coursework is required, students must complete courses prior to applying to the program.
Students must complete specific general education courses prior to enrolling in the first term of nursing courses. Both BIOL 2010 - Anatomy & Physiology I & BIOL 2020 - Anatomy & Physiology II must include a laboratory component. BIOL 2020 - A & P II and HSC 190 - Introduction to Human Pathophysiology must have been completed less than five years from the term of initial program enrollment.
- For Spring 2022 Traditional (Two-Year) program: Fall 2017 - Fall 2021
- For Summer 2022 LPN to RN program option: summer 2017 to fall 2021, unless enrolled the course(s) at JSCC spring 2022
Once enrolled in the nursing program, all required courses must be completed with 150% of program length of initiating nursing coursework.
Required Pre-Requisite Courses for Enrollment
The following courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or above by end of December 2021 term to enroll in nursing courses in spring 2022:
- ENGL 1010 English Composition I
- BIOL 2010 Anatomy & Physiology I
- BIOL 2020 Anatomy & Physiology II
- HSC 190 Introduction to Human Pathophysiology