If learning support coursework is required, students must complete courses prior to applying to the program.
Students must complete specific general education courses prior to enrolling in the first term of nursing courses. Both BIOL 2010 - Anatomy & Physiology I & BIOL 2020 - Anatomy & Physiology II must include a laboratory component. BIOL 2020 - A & P II and HSC 190 - Introduction to Human Pathophysiology must have been completed less than five years from the term of initial program enrollment.
- For Summer 2021 LPN to RN program option: summer 2016 to fall 2020, unless enrolled the course(s) at JSCC spring 2021
- For Fall 2021 Traditional (Two-Year) program: Spring 2017 to Spring 2021, unless completed at JSCC by July 2, 2020.
Once enrolled in the nursing program, all required courses must be completed with 150% of program length of initiating nursing coursework.
Required Pre-Requisite Courses for Enrollment
The following courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or above by July 2, 2021 (end of 1st 2021 summer term) to enroll in nursing courses in fall 2021:
- ENGL 1010 English Composition I
- BIOL 2010 Anatomy & Physiology I
- BIOL 2020 Anatomy & Physiology II
- HSC 190 Introduction to Human Pathophysiology