The Jackson State Community College Library has a small meeting/study room known as the Van Veatch Room. It has a table with comfortable seating for 6-10 people. There is a telephone and wireless access to the Internet. Food and drinks may be served there.
Reserving the Van Veatch room
- Reservations should be made with the library staff. Reservations can be made in person at the library front desk, or by calling 425-2609.
- Two or more students can reserve the room.
- People reserving the Van Veatch room should state their reason for using it, as well as give the name, phone number and email address of a contact person.
- JSCC personnel and students may reserve the Van Veatch room for College business, meetings, training or study, but the room may not be reserved for personal or commercial reasons.
- The Van Veatch room is for persons affiliated with the College only.
- The Van Veatch room can be reserved up to one week in advance. Groups of two or more people may reserve the room for periods up to 3 hours
- A group can request up to another 2 hours, if no one else has reserved the room at the end of a first 3 hour session. One of the group members must come to the library front desk and request the additional time, as well as check to see if anyone else has reserved the room.
- If a second group of people requests to reserve the room and it is already reserved, reservations will be held for 30 minutes. If no one shows up, the first reservation will be canceled and the second group will be given full access to the facility.
- If a second group asks to reserve the room before an original group's first session in the room ends, then the first group must vacate the room at the start of the second group's reserve time.
- If a second group asks to reserve the room after a first group has already reserved and started an additional session, the second group will have to wait until the first group's additional time is complete, up to the 2 hours allowed for a second session.
- Groups must make a reservation every time they want to use the room.
Use of the Van Veatch room
- Meetings must take place within library hours of operation. Groups must vacate Van Veatch room at least 15 minutes prior to the library's closing. For example, the library closes at 8:30 PM on a given night, the room is to be vacated by 8:15 PM.
- Groups may serve non-alcoholic beverages and food in the Van Veatch Room. Clean-up is the responsibility of the group serving refreshments; the room is to be left in a clean and orderly condition.
- If a group uses a coffeemaker, it is to be turned off, unplugged and cleaned before group vacates the room.