What we value...
- We value higher education as the key to a better quality of life. Jackson State is the foundation. We value learning and the continuous pursuit of knowledge. To this end, we provide a learner-centered, affordable opportunity to our students and community.
- We value unconditional integrity based on fairness, honesty, and the pursuit of truth.
- We strive for high quality and effectiveness in education, communication, and leadership while accepting responsibility and accountability in all our endeavors.
- We value service to the student in the areas of academic, personal, and professional development and leadership in the community through the stimulation of economic growth and quality of life
What we believe in...
- We believe in people.
- We are committed to building and maintaining quality relationships among our faculty, staff, students, and the communities we serve. Teamwork and mutual respect are powerful forces.
- We believe in success.
- We strive to provide the tools and the expertise to educate the whole student in order that each may reach his/her fullest potential.
- We believe in innovation.
- We are committed to positive change while continuing to honor and safeguard our institutional history.
- We believe in leadership.
- We are committed to assuming leadership roles in our greater community as well as on our campus, while accepting the responsibilities and accountability expected of leaders. We strive to enable our students to become the leaders of tomorrow.