Important: Please Read Student Responsibilities
Jackson State Community College offers counseling services to bolster student success by offering a comprehensive and accessible program for students including assistance with academic, career, and personal concerns.
Mental Health Counseling
Professional mental health counseling is available each fall and spring semester to currently enrolled students. It is free and confidential. To reach the JSCC counselor, email firstname.lastname@example.org; call (731) 424-3520, ext. 50260.
For emergencies, call 9-1-1.
Other area resources include:
- Carey Counseling Center, Inc. - Serves the following West Tennessee counties: Benton, Carroll, Gibson, Henry, and Obion
- Quinco Mental Health Centers - Serves the following West Tennessee counties: Chester, Decatur, Hardeman, Madison, and McNairy
- Pathways Behavioral Health Services - Serves the following West Tennessee counties: Dyer, Gibson, Haywood, Henderson, Madison, and Obion
Signs that someone may need counseling:
- Changes in their usual behavior.
- Increasing irrational or aggressive behavior.
- Seeming sad or depressed.
- Increased isolation or withdrawal from people.
- Lack of energy.
- Odd behavior or speech.
- Sudden decline in school performance.
- Changes in personal hygiene and/or dress.
- Increased anxiety